Combines 2188

skinnb

New to Rotors, I would have the rotor pulled and check rotor drive bushings if worn replace with new bolts (between the rotor and gearbox). Check for bent vanes in cone and rotor housing also look for cracks and worn boltheads in rotor housing (cracks around right hand support). The custom cutter package now includes stainless vanes (thicker) Case offers a kit for this. Depending on the raspbar type you may need to replace the bars over 1,2,3 concaves. If you have a large ac of wheat smallwire concaves may help. We run 2,3 smallwire. If you ocasionally have weeds they will stop up a smallwire n1 concave. On the yield monitor you may want to upgrade moisture sensor to a sidemount. It gives a more accurate moisture reading. Welcome to the "Rotor" and good luck.

lee

I would advise buying the whole set of rasp bars an put the full set in, And if the combine has come from corn an bean country send the concaves to Terri at St Johns an have them rebuilt, And if your going to run much wheat i highly suggest running n 1 an n 2 concave samll wire to get clean sample in the bin , And as far as the sieve area this sounds to me like the long fingered cron sieve, Which you will have to replace in order to even think of getting clean sample in tuff beans or wheat, CAse Ih rotor is one of the best machines made once you get used to how to set an run it, Good lUck!

Red_Toad

check the shaker bushing supports on both side of combine see if they have been updated 1997 this is important. check serial n a dealer to see if slow down kit on the pulley that runs the sieves si the ones they suggest putting the larger [pulley on. 97's were the worst one. we have one and everything I have said we have done or doing to ours good luck I still like the rotors

steamboat_will

If it has duals it is very important that you check the gear trans. put it in second and drive around. have somebody walk beside it and listen for a gear knock,also make sure the it goes all the way into second gear it is a pain the wallet and backside when the tranny goes crappola (I've had this happen twice on the same combine,I now check the shifter cables faithly)They are a truly great combine and I think you will like it I like mine alot. Will

john

our 1688 is making noise in 2nd gear sounds like a clicking or knocking whats the fix for this are the trannies hard to pull out.

tj

We had a 1990 model 1680 make the same noise, we stopped it right away hoping to "catch" it before it became ugly. It was already too late, I may not remember correctly but I believe it took about 6 grand to overhaul the tranny and all that goes with it.

steamboat_will

Take it out and get a new second gear before you take the primary shaft out of it! second gear is kinda expesive but it's no where near the $850 the primary costs. trust me on this. you can take the lid off the tranny in the combine look at it or even better just drop the tranny out on the floor it only takes a few hours to do it. Speaking from experence here it;s a lot easier to fix it in january than in october. good luck with it Will

OHscooter

If 2 speed hydro, the hydro motor on the trans. will look like the hydro pump.The single speed motor is smaller and round.I just put the hyd. reverser on a 2388.The kit was around $3000. There are different kits(by model and SN).Expect to pay more than that on a 2188.Kit and instructions were well put together.Installation was a little envolved(about 2 days)including feeder repairs on this 2388.

Unit_2

560man, like OHscooter said the two speed hydro is larger and it also as at least one small hydraulic hose about four inches long with steel right angle fittings on it that goes from the top of the hydro to the side. There will also be a valve on top of the hydro with two wires going to it. That is the Hi_lo shifter. On the fast or slow sieve about all I can tell you wou would bo to measure the pulley that is on the gearbox right behind and to the right of the cab. Then find a machine that you know has the slow speed kit on and see if it is the same or go to your dealer and see if he has a slow speed kit that you could measure. On the field tracker I can't help at all. I see guys talking about them all the time on this forum but I live in flat land country and I've never even seen one. Hope this helps a lttle. K.A.

Prussman_Farms

On the older style field tracker face plates there is a strap on the lower corners to hold it to feeder plate. Also want to make sure the poly is in good shape inside.