Combines high speed 2188IJ

Unit_2

Farm Kid2, I had to go to town this morning to get a few things for one of my machines that I have in the shop getting ready for next summer. It seemed kind of slow there so I put your questions to the parts man. This is what he came up with. There is a kit to slow the shoe down on all 2188s and even early 2388s. The kit number is 303188A1 and the price is $273.33. They even had one kit on hand at one of their stores. There is also a kit for all 2166s and early 2366s. This would be a different number of course. It also said that all 1400 series and late 2388s and late 2366s did not require this kit. It said that the kit helped with cleaning and extended the life of the moving parts. I've been telling guys that only the 97 2188s needed this slowdown kit. I hope this clears the air.

560man

I am wondering how many functions the slow-down kit affects. Does it also slow down any or all of the following items: spreaders, cleaning fan, auger bed, elevatorsIJ Basically what I am asking is where this kit is installed. Thank you.

Unit_2

560man, The parts man and I were wondering the same thing. It showed a picture of what the kit includes and as near as I could tell there were at least two or three pulleys,two belts, and the sprocket that runs the elevators. My guess is that it only slows the shoe down and then speeds the elevators, the cleaning fan, and the auger bed back up to the original speed. K.A.

Farm_Kid2

Unit 2, I was able to find the kit with a picture in the Product Support Kit catalog. It says it's for 2388's prior to sn 198068 and all 2188's. It shows a single sprocket, a double sprocket, two pulleys, two belts, two chains, and a piece of bent strap iron. I would guess that 4 things get slowed down, but it doesn't specify what they are. Do you think this is a good investmentIJ

Farm_Kid2

I bet your right. I will do some investigating later this spring. Mike