Combines reverser

John

First place I would look is a feeding problem. If it is feeding off the head evenly then you shouldn't be slugging the machine. Is the head not feeding evenly or is the throat not pulling it in evenly, causing a wadIJ I have a reverser on my R6 and have never used it. I have yet to slug the R6 in 12 years. If the head is set improperly then the reverser would get used alot and possible damage or wear there. Check your set-up.

John

When on good going I can go days without using it but I farm a lot of rolling ground and there are times when crossing a ditch, or if the header control cannot decide where to be on a pivot track, I will sometimes get beans laying on the cutterbar resulting in a slug at the feederhouse. BTW, the problem turned out to be with the small hydraulic cylinder that tightens the rear feeder drive. It had an internal seal leaking thus bypassing the reverser motor. I hadn't used it for over a year and didn't know there was a problem with it until I needed it.

Russ

Is this a hydraulic reverserIJ I'm interested too. I could sure use one on my 1460

hv_user

yes hyd got liturature from rodono@rr1 clive ab phone 403 784 3864 looks like it should work

560man

We have one on our 1480, and we really like it. It is quite powerfull, and turns the feeder slowly in whatever direction you choose. Great for backing out a slug and then spoon feeding it to the rotor.

NDDan

That be strange. Check to see sprockets are in line. I have seen many sprockets on orbit motor come loose from the locating washer. I think to break this chain it must be climbing the sprocket puting enormous tension on it causing it to break. I usually allow the chain to be quite loose. That is much better than tight.

brassring

check the bushings in the slip unit, on our r-52 whenever we would jump the belt or break the chain it was due to the slip unit torqueing over and putting everything in a bind, have someone watch as you reverse it and you will see the unit torqueing off to the side. Good luck Bob

brassring

check the bushings in the slip unit, on our r-52 whenever we would jump the belt or break the chain it was due to the slip unit torqueing over and putting everything in a bind, have someone watch as you reverse it and you will see the unit torqueing off to the side. Good luck Bob

tbran

what year model R62 some of the late models had a hyd pressure build up that caused it - advise