Combines Self leveling Shoe air loss

farmert

8010 has a different fan but I will check out your picts and look it over cleaning cap is not a problem for me.

CORNKING

We have not had a problem under normal conditions and that was picking 5000 bu per hr with our 8010s we did experience problems in 05 till Case put the updated angle on the seives and this year our seives were overloading when we were trying to pick corn in the rain they were fuzzy and sticky but we should not have been out there, no body else was ! I think the CRs problem is with the having a poor fan to start with I have noticed the neighbors CRs its pretty yellow behind it not exceptable to me, think they are going to change it to the red version but if I do have problems thanks for the info.

cornsheller

Actually the NH fan puts out as much CFM as the CIH fan. The two aren't as different as they appear as they both draw air in across the entire width. The air problem in the shoe isn't a simple supply problem. The issue is imbalances caused by uneven distribution of load and movement from the tailings area to the clean grain area. Do you calibrate your shoe to tilt to the left like some 8010's are calibrated in our area to offset the distribution of more material on the right sideIJ

CORNKING

Yes we raise the right side 3 degrees but I feel that is needed because most of the crop is thrashed on the right side cant put paddles on to kick it back like we did with auger bed.

Nicky

I have an '06 8010....liked the capacity and clean sample (especially grass seed which is a very good test for a cleaning system re proper air flow). Had less overall trouble with the 8010 than the '04 9860. Had no problems with fires while combining sunflowers. Coming back to the air loss in the sieve area.......on the STS's I've had in the last few years, the outside of the combine on the frame or step area were covered with grain indicating air flow loss or gaps......the 8010 had none of this.

cycl

CORNKING is right the distribution has nothing to do with the air. I can make any machine puke corn out if I don't make the rotor or rotors work with_for the sieves. I also beg to differ on the issue of the fans. Paddle fans are notorious for having "dead spots". I see no need for the seal kit as I have done a smoke test on an 8010 and yes there is some minimal leakage but not enough to create an issue. We also used an anamometer to measure wind speed and noticed a great deal of variablity from front to back but none from side to side. My other question is if it is such a must have then why is no one but you (the seller) talking about it.

magnum_man

I sure would like to know how you get 5000 bu. per hour thru your 8010. Our 06 will not do 4000 bu. per hour consistantly in 200 bu. corn and it has to be real dry to to that. In wetter corn it is in the mid 3000 bu. per hour.It runs out of power. Do we need 250 bu. corn to get them kind of flowsIJ What kind of yield monitor are you getting those flows from. I assume you are reading grain flow from the yield monitor.

greengoose

That's one thing I have really notice on the 06 8010 I have compared to the STS I had before.. The red one doesn't leak grain and has by far a superior sample then the JD..

Farm_Kid2

I'm interested in the results from the anamometer. How much difference was there front to rearIJ I assume the high velocity was at the frontIJ

mid_west

Are you running the machine in power boost mode or power rise modeIJ What size head are you runningIJ Crop moisture, terrain and greenness in the stalks really does make a difference in power requirements. Are measuring wet or dry bu_hrIJ