Combines case ih alerts

Gman

Just a warning to all running a Cummins. On the bottom of the injection pump there is a small oil pan held on by a few small bolts. The o-ring can get brittle and start to leak all the engine oil out. It has happened to two in my area in the last week(lind Washington) and one resulted in a rod letting go. These were both 1680's with the lower HP Motor's. Talking to a machanic, he was telling me it sometimes look's like the timing gear seal is leaking because of the fan blowing the air around the side of the motor. Cummins has a update that is a small bracket that hold's this pan on better and I am told is working on a better fix. Anyone else heard of thisIJIJIJIJIJ

ky_den

I may have added too much freon to my 915 and now the compressor acts like it is locked up,any suggestionsIJ

Redfan

Had our pre-harvest seminar for Axial-Flow owners yesterday and we were told about a wind deflector that has been designed to direct wind at the Rotor belt to keep it cooler. Bolts on to the engine timing cover area. Have you had any experience with them and are they worth putting on.Thanks, Redfan.(I know ,you've probably had them over there for years.)

ian

I have a 2388 it has 220 rotor hours on it . I just had 4 veins come unbolted from the cone. The bolts just came undone . This caused a feeding problem that I caught on to very fast, no damage was done other than haveing to instal some new veins. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and what did the company do to correct this problem.

Dave

Has anyone heard of an internal problem in a rotor to cause it to go out of balance,that is webbing shifting etc. Thank you

pinochio

I am looking for NH 1550 model with mercedes engine, NH 1530,1540, 8070, 8080 and any New Holland harvesters for importation to Pakistan. Please send me details or advise where to shop.

ic1480

I have recently purchased a 91' 1680 long sieve. I noticed it has screens under clean grain and return augers and unloading auger is set up for this also. I have never thrashed pinto beans with an axial flow machine. I have a standard rotor mutiple sets of concaves including corn and an airfoil sieve. I also have a rock trap and beater. Do I need to buy special concavesIJ Do I need to remove the rocktrap beater so as not to crack_split the beansIJ Do I need to slow down the feeder chain to reduce the chance of crackes_splits. On our old 95JD teh bottom sieve is completely removed, do I need to do this alsoIJ HElP I was hoping for a machine that could do both wheat_barley_canola, and pinto's with minimal change over between crops. All replies appreciated.

def

Just bought a 1997 2166 with 660_450 hrs. Recently heard about frame problems. Does anybody know about this problem and fixes for itIJ Any other red flags I should be aware ofIJ I've never owned an IH Harvester. Any help would be appreciated.

normo

last Australian summer whilst harvesting wheat, my harvester suddenly lost power and was blowing huge amounts of black smoke. It was something I had never experienced before and hardly knew where to look. Eventually, I came to the conclusion that the air intake hose between the air cleaner and turbo had collapsed due to the engine and turbo heat being blown back past this hose softening it. Has anybody else experienced this dramaIJ