Combines case ih alerts

brownie

I'm thinking about purchasing a 2344. What options should I considerIJ

blue

I have just finished harvest in Australia using a 2000 model 2388. the problem I have is that the air filter element needs to be blown out at least four times a day. The idea of the air intake being positioned at the rear of the combine is a joke. I have been working with a 2188 in exactly the same conditions and that machine needs blowing out after three days. so much for improvement. My machine is fitted with a straw chopper and I believe this dosen't help as it creates more dust. Has anyone got any ideas. After three days on a 2188 one blow, three days on a 2388 and I have done at least 12. I don't want to spend more time cleaning air cleaners than harvesting.

Thomas

Does anybody make modification or relocation of the cab air filter IJ All suggestions are welcome.

Kent

We just purchased a 1998 2388 combine with 1000 eng_700 sep hours on it and needed to replace the vertical unload and the incline auger in the grain tank. Talked with salesman about the excessive wear on the augers and his reply was that many of the late model combines needed the augers replaced. He gave the augers new (extended wear) to me and I have already installed them. Any comments greatly appreciated!! kent

bugguts

NYC 25 year paramedic had enough would like to spend a week or so ...... during harvest.or whatever.... giving a hand... to someone who will respect my help for a change! Gratis!..just tell me what to do . wifes disabled now....life is to short. we would like to just give a hand...to somone else Digger NYC

J_W

What are the weak points of a 2144. looking at a used one. Just intereseted if there is anything special a person should make note ofIJ

JerBear

I am doing a survey regarding combine fires, no matter how minor or extensive. To those that have experienced a fire loss, would like to know your details of what you think started the fire and the location and any solutions you may have or modifications you made to prevent them. If you could, include type of combine involved. Thanks.

chriso

Has any one ever had any chassis,rim or final drive trouble on 2388's with a Bigtop fitted.

colodrylander

we are running 28ft shelbourne headers on 1680 combines ,can't keep the headers level always sag on the drive(heavy) side. now we are out of adjustment on the feeder house and still dragging that side.What else is thereIJ I think the narrow feeder just won't take the weight. Any ideas anyone IJ The wheat is real short where we have any left. Thanks

kelly

I own a 1995 2188 and can that engine by juiced up a little bit just by adj. the injection pumpIJ How doese a guy go about doing it saftly