Combines case ih alerts

M__Gorden

Have you removed, or considered removing, two impleller blades from a 1680 that originally came with fourIJ Whether or not this affects performance; there is a more important consideration! At least four owners of 1680 machines have told me about catastrophic impeller blade failures after running with 2 blades removed. In most instances, one blade will break off and exit the transition cage through the inspection cover and end up on the ground in front of the combine! The other one breaks off and tends to lay at the bottom of the cage. The rotor, on the 1680-(P.I.N. JJC0115001) and 1682-(JJC0030160),and later, was changed from 4-blades to 2 blades. Since then, a much heavier blade casting is used with the 2 blade models. If you decide to run with 2 blades, on 4 blade models, you should seriously consider replacing the blade hub. The part number for the 2 blade hub is 184460C1. The price, I heard, is $US 572.04. There is a Case-IH service bulletin, dated April 27, 1991, concerning this issue. The document number is NHE SB 035 91.

Kent

We had an engine power shortage on our 2188 with plenty of black exhaust. The large rubber tube that connects the air filter to the turbo was collapsing.

Everyday

When the feeder chain overloads and shuts down, I want the table auger, reel, and knife to also shut down. Need a wiring diagram to accomplish this. 1680.

les

does anyone know about a add on tailings monitor for ih combines that go on the chain of the tailings elevatorand who makes it and how it works.

hoss

Just had the frame on my 1991 1660 IH break in the field. Know of any problems with these machinesIJ Grain tank sit down on tires

Ian

I have a 2388 , new in 98 . The air intake pluges in tubes before air cleaner, especily in corn . has any one else had this problem , how to cure the problemIJ

Nevada

I own a 2366 with 190hrs on engine . It used 25qts of oil this season. The area reps do not seem to concerned as the say the engine is not broke in yet. Does anyone else have this problem with their 2366 enginesIJ

J

last summer on wheat harvest we ran 2388's and 3 or 4 out of five machines had the Plastic casing for the air system start caving in on them. Also we had to clean and blow out the air filter everyother day it seemed. I was reminded of this from the other post about the air intake. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and what they did about, or is it even a problemIJ very curious

smokey

We've experienced three fires in our new 2388 combine in the threshing compartment_rotor cage. Please contact me if you have had similar problems or have knowledge of similar experiences.

Redfan

Just something I noticed last harvest,(Australian summer),the wiring loom running to the Air Conditioner compressor was contacting No 2 Injector line. The constant vibration had all but rubbed a hole in the line. It will need a new pressure line. Anybody else come across this problem.