Combines 1660 Combine broken frame

M__Gorden

Where did it breakIJ What will it take to fix itIJ Do you know what caused the breakIJ

hoss

the weld that supports the body on the axle broke causing the entire combine body to sit down on the tires. The combine will have to be jacked up and reset on the frame and then some extensive welding will have to be done. hopefully we will find nothing bent or broken by the breaking of the weld. the left side weld broke completely and the right side is cracked extensively.

red_flash

we have had the left side axle break at the welds. the tube completly broke on ours. this was belived to be due to the bin extensions, duals, the torsion bar across the frame that helps take the strain off the axle and running in alot of mud. our broke while running soybeans. we repaired the axle by sliding in a tube with 1_4 inch thick sidewalls inside old axle for reinforcement.

Axleman

Nothing new 1999 harvest in a certain place saw 24 machines with seperator posts seperating from the front drive axle. This is 24 out of 383 1995 machines (14 x 1666 and 8 x 2166)Not suprised!!! Anybody that is really interested please reply

Booger

Had a 1440 frame buckle. Replaced main frame at a cost of around 15-20,000 can. Good thing for insurance. Combine wasn't worth spending that kind of money on but what do you do. Its not worth anything broke.

booger

On the 1440 we blamed it on the frame axel bolts coming loose and over time it worked on the frame. Now we check bolts from time to time.It sure caused major damage to augers,fan and tin work. We seen wear on the bolt holes during the repair.

Shenandoah_Harvester

Hey Axle Man I have run across one. You seem to be the resident guroo on a bunch of busted stuff. 10 years later run or buck up. I think if the heads are nice then the box is salvage. look at the posting on the general. I would love to try a red one,.