Combines air intake problems 2388

SDman

Yes, this has been a real problem on 2388s, especially with corn leaves. Case's unofficial fix for this is a fan blower shroud from, I believe, a Concord Air Seeder blower fan that fits around the air intake fins to keep "big stuff" from plugging the air intake system on the 2388s.

kbl

had a friend with 2388 with same problem, his dealership came out and stood the air cleaner up like the 2366 and eliminated all his problems as far as air cleaner goes. he now has to watch putting it in the shed

M

We stood our Air cleaner up. This helped a lot in corn but was not the answer. We had to keep changing filters during wheat harvest. Case is still paying for the filters.

M

Case has a proto type system on trial to move the air intake system into the rotating screen area of the air intake for the radiators. We called Racine and pressed them to change ours which they did and this works much better. I understand they intend to do a recall as soon is this is approved.

M

Case has a proto type system on trial to move the air intake system into the rotating screen area of the air intake for the radiators. We called Racine and pressed them to change ours which they did and this works much better. I understand they intend to do a recall as soon is this is approved.

clh_1

Could you e-mail me with any info on who you talked to on this subject. I have a 2388 and am trying to do this also. I haven't got any answers yet. Thanks.

ian

I had a real bad problem with my 2388 air system when i first took dilivery of my new machine. What i have done to date to fix the problem , I have made a 45 deg elbo to get the air intake up off the body of the combine, then i made a door to cover the rad cap hole, then i took the screening off the out side of the machine accecpt at the right side of the fan, as this is the only model that has this. I made shields to stop the straw spreaders from throwing the straw forward up the sides of the body on the in side of the rear wheels.Doing all this has , I have gone from cleaning the air cleaner every hour to cleaning the air cleanerevery week. Hope this helps you. Doing this realy works . IAN My email is rbreak@sprint.ca