Combines Auger Flightings

fats

You will find they also beefed up the clean grain auger flighting too.

Mountain_Doo

We're in the same boat with our 2188 at 1400 threshing hours. Incline auger has wore down 3_4" and getting worse. We replaced the inner vertical unload auger last year when the spline twisted off and packed the flighting up. I'd like to hear about any solutions on how to repair this. I'm extremely allergic to the $700 price tag on the replacement auger. At this point I might just pad the flighting up with hard surface welding rod.

KENT

There are updates on the later models 16 and 21 series combines with the 208" auger. Talk to your dealer about the update and he can show you how to install. I actually replaced the vertical unload, and both the horizontal unload augers. The update comes into play on the horizontal augers. I would guess that you have the 208" and it needs the "hockey puck" put into the two augers. To fix or repair old auger simply take out of cradle and lay auger on ground and start hammering and straighting. Good luck!!!

guru

we add a ribbon which is another piece of flighting on to our augers has there start to wear we use stainlesss steel which last longer than the normal mild has we do rice which is very abrasive on metal the trick is not to let them go to far..hope it is some help

RPM

This is a high wear item on Case-IH rotary, they have tried to improve wear by various ways, newest is all sectional flighting on most augers, it is a difficult part to make for $ involved and keep wear down. The standard parts are for corn and soybean, its just the way it is, if you plan to keep the machine its a part that wears out, and will have to be replaced. As far as welding them up or replacing flighting its difficult to keep wobble or run-out in limits from welding distortion.

chaser14

We had the same problem. I work for a farm that has 3 2388 the 2 oldest one both have new unloading augers... after1.5-2years of work. Our dealer says soybeans are very hard on themIJ Not for sure myself.

chaser14

We had the same problem. I work for a farm that has 3 2388 the 2 oldest one both have new unloading augers... after1.5-2years of work. Our dealer says soybeans are very hard on themIJ Not for sure myself.