Combines AF 2300 serie cab air filter

Stephen

I have a 2100 series and was not happy with my cab air filter either. I ordered a new engine air filter container through parts with the primary and secondary filters. I plummed a 2.5" plastic hose from one end of the container back to the cab and hooked the original aspirator hose from the rad to the air intake side as well which helps pull crap out before reaching the filter. I mounted the container along side the compartment door used to access the engine. Works great.

DK_in_MN

If you have a 2300 series with a large cornhead did you smell gear lube in the cabIJ I've installed the cab filter off of a cotton picker thru Case-IH. Mounted it up on the grain extension next to cab, use flex hose available to run to it. Talk to your dealer, your rep may take care of it if you had the smell problem not just a dirty filter. They don't believe that filter getting dirty is a problem. e-mail if you have other questions.

DK_in_MN

Case does not believe the filter getting dirty is a problem. I've installed a cotton picker filter on some 2388's worked good. Tell dealer you smelled gear lube in cab while running the cornhead, your rep should be able to help is it has been and on going problem.e-mail if you have any questions.

KEllY

I HAVE A 2388 AND THEY DEAlER HAD SWITCHED THE CAB FIlTER OVER TO THE 2188 STYlE lOCATED ABOUVE THE RIGHT FRON TIRE THIS SYSTEM WAS WORSE THAN THE ORIGINAl. SO I INSTAllED A AIR ClEANER WITH A PREClEANER ASSEMBlE OFF OF A l2 GlEANER THAT I FOUND AT A SAlVAGE YARD I THAN MOUNTED IT TO THE FRONT lEFT CORNER OF THE HOPPER RIGHT BESIDE THE HOPPER EXENSION. ABOUVE THE UNlOADING AUGER PIVOT. THIS HAS WORKED VERY WEll. I HAVE TO ClEAN IT EVERY COUPlE OF DAYS INSTEAD OF EVERY COUPlE HOURS. I DON'T HAVE THAT MUSTY SMEll INSIDE THE CAB FROM All THE DUST ON THE AIR COND. COIl. I CAN SEND YOU A PHOTO IF YOU WANT. I HOOKED IT UP TO THE CAB WITH A TWO INCH PIPE WITH TWO INCH HOSE TO MAKE SOME BENDS.

Diesel

If your cab filter on 2300 combine looks blocked, what problems is it causingIJ Are you getting dust in cabIJ If there is no dust getting into cab, the filter is doing its job and needs to be cleaned once a week.

farmert

use duct tape on the sheet metal around the rotor cage it puts out a tremendous amount of dirt and fills the filter I have fought this for years and this does help!!

rotor

wow those filters are a problem in dusty fields. In our case we placed a large dia. piece of pipe in the clean grain hopper and placed a filter assemble in there just beside the back window.This needs cleaning about every 3 to 4 days .The hot rod thing to do is to enclose the filter assemble and run a suction tube about three inches in dia. from the rad. suction area . We did this on the newer 2300 and the filter only comes out once a week to get cleaned.