Combines Combine Fires

19dodge72

We have the same problem in barley we mounted a 30 gal barrol and a electic pump on the back we have saved at least 6 bad fires this year I am going to buy a 200 cfm air compressor they will be cleaned every day and with that much air it wont take long.

19dodge72

We have the same problem in barley we mounted a 30 gal barrol and a electic pump on the back we have saved at least 6 bad fires this year I am going to buy a 200 cfm air compressor they will be cleaned every day and with that much air it wont take long.

steveb

same-n6 chaff on exhaulst manifold. n6 had chopper and was letting alot of chaff out of holes in discharge chute. welded and duck taped chute around chopper. that helped alot.

CNHTEK

I have never experienced it on my own combine, but I am a service tech at a NH dealer, these are some of the things I have seen. TR's - Torque sensor snap ring fails crating a fire hazzard and possible frame damage. - Upper returns bearing fails and lights up the chaff under the cab - fuel lines leaking, ignited due to the exhasut manifold - front rotor bearings - shorted electrical in the lighting harness TX's - shorted electrical - intermediate shaft bearings the only modifications that I recomend is for the torque sensors on TR's. Take the snap ring off, then get a machinist to cut threads in the end of the hub to match a large wheel bearing nut. Also have him torque the nut on to about 400 ft.lbs, and have him drill a hole for a set screw, the hole should go right into the hub. Reasseble the tourque sensor, put a drop of red loctite on the threads of the nut and torque it down until the set screw holes line up. Tighten the set screw.

hymark

5 R-75's had the bearing on the engine pulley go out. We could have walked away but put the fire out. Back left tire was even on fire. $20,000 insurance claim. It looked like a giant grinding wheel spewing sparks throughout the internals of the combine. Put it out with compressed air.