Combines 1680

little_al

Thanks for the info, It was the relay on the feeder chain down were the reverse for the feeder is.

Farm_Kid2

Glad to hear you found it. We fought an intermittent problem with the feeder quiting for 2 years. I was convinced that the time delay was not the problem, but it was. Put in a new one and it works fine now (knock on wood).

jacco

install dust cover available through your local dealer...could give part n if knew what engine.....

Farm_Kid2

"The 1600 series CaseIH Axial-Flows were introduced in the fall of 1985 for 1986 production." Here's the link

dakota

I have been on this website before but never discovered the history section. Thanks a lot.

Farm_Kid2

1990 might be the first year the feeder house turns off when you leave the seatIJ It has a controller that is known to have problems. If your feederhouse stops randomly, that's the problem. Do you have the long shoe and Cummins engineIJ We upgraded ours to a cross flow fan, but I'm not sure that helped much. I would probably install the cast iron rails for the shoe.

Jim

if in rocky conditions may consider new 3 chain feeder chain, and possibly silence kit when you install new chain