Combines 2188 weak

I_BlEED_RED

I don't know how many hours your combine has on it, but I will suggest two things to try. I would first say if when the engine gets to about 2350 or so it just falls from under you, either you have a transfer pump going out, or you are having turbocharger problems. To see if you are having either problem, go to your dealer and ask for the plug that goes in the block where the primary fuel filter is, it should be tapped for 1_8" pipe thread I think. Use this plug to replace the existing one, this will allow you to place a 1_8" pipe thread elbow in the new hole, before installing the elbow, drill a hole in the elbow and tap it for the 10mm head that is on the bleed screw, now use two 1_4" hose barbs, and 1_4" fuel line and a guage that will go up to 50 psi or so, now route the fuel line through the panel on the elevator side of the combine up to the cab bringing it out on the rail beside the cab. Also check at the dealer and see what size the hole is where the automatic ether is injected into the head. After determining the size of the hole, purchase ferrels to attach 1_8" air line to, also route this up to the handrail by the cab with another guage that will go to at least 40 psi. To attach the guages to the handrail, use T's and a plug in the end mounting the guage on top. Secure to the rail with large hose clamps. Now to get to the nuts and bolts of all this. To build a hot fire in that engine, you need both maximum fuel pressure, and enough air to burn it at that high volume. The air line will show the boost pressure from the turbocharger, when the engine is being pulled hard the range is 19-24 psi, however humidity and temperature will affect this some. Also if the combine is turned up it will show a pound or so more boost pressure. The fuel line pressure guage will show the fuel pressure available to the injector pump after it comes through the filter, this will not only tell you if the filter needs to be changed, but also will show you if the transfer is going out on you. You should have somewhere between 34-40 psi pressure, but check with the dealer for sure. I can tell from experience, that when it gets stopped up to about 35 or so psi, you can really tell it. However if you experienced power problems, you might just say well the beans are tough, but in all reality you need a new fuel filter. You will need to bleed the fuel line after starting the combine to get the air out and so the guage won't be "bouncing". I have thought about putting together a kit to sell for combines and for tractors too, maybe if some people would try this then they would see the gain in productivity and less frustration. Try what I said, you might be surprised in what you find. Also make sure that the engine speed is 2510 rpms with the seperator out of gear, this is maximum speed although I have seen some faster. Keep it full, and push it hard.