Combines AMP lIGHT

iaremec

need to change the silver relay or disconnect it. located inside the right side cover of the cab. has a 3 prong plug going into it. it will charge with it unplugged. i am prsuming you put the right alt. with 3 plug terminal in it.

cornman

what does the relay do ,sometimes mine buzzes a little when cranking and shutting offIJ

CASE

HAVE CHANGED RElAY BUT STIll AMP lIGHT COMES ON ClEAN All GROUNDS STIll TRYING MUST BE SOMETHING INCAB SIDE PANEl

iaremec

the back post of the three that plug into the alt. goes to the relay. could have broken wire. if you unplug the three prong plug on the relay does the light and buzzrt go off.

CASE

WHEN UNPlUGED AT RElAY lIGHT AND BUZZER IS OFF OPEN RElAY TODAY POINTS NOT OPENING BUT HAVE POWER ON 2WIRES OTHER GROUND NOT SURE WHEN THE RElAY TOBE OPEN VOlTAGE DROPS WHEN PlUG INTO RElAY TO ABOUT 7 - 8 STIll PlAYING WITH IT HAVE TIME FOR CORN TO DRY THANKS FOR ANY IDEAlS

twelve0six

have you checked obvious thingsIJ such as short in wires or in the light itself. I believe that a 1440 is still externally regualted so could just be the that, i could be wrong on that though. Is the alternator chargingIJ Check if it is charging and if it is...carefully REMOVE the bulb. black tape over light works good as well.

todd08

Why did you even try purchasing a relay, all you need to do was eliminate relayIJ As I recall just hook two non black in color wires together and good to go. It stinks to have to figure out things the hard way. I have been there done that also.