Combines Reel not running fast enough

todd08

I hope you get it figured out. Please post if you do! I also think CNH auto reel feature stinks. I noticed www.combineworld.com has a AGTRON reel controller for $430. I called AGTRON and the told me they were OEM for AGCO, I demoed a MF 9790 last year and I would say the reel seem to keep the proportioned reel speed to ground speed much closer than any of my Case's. They run a speed sensor (pulse generator) on the reel drive also. Takes another two wire for the header but I have a feeling it works much better than CNH tapered spool valves. like I said if you get it figured out I would like to know. Always fought one 2188 for trotting reel. Dealer has worked on it when new as well as last winter. Only a waste of money to me so far.

notilltom

Greetings, I have had problems with the auto_ground reel speed on my '96 2166. I figured out that I wasn't getting auto speed, I was just using the minimum speed. In manual, it works well to just control the speed so I know the control works... not the auto feature.

todd08

I am not sure I follow youIJ Are you saying that you also run the reel in manual position most of the time because the auto does not behave or proportion correctlyIJ If you are seems to me that another person has also has experienced the less than perfect engineering. I wonder if CNH devoped their own Autosteer if they would incorporate a wheel angle sensor or just rely on gps for change in heading to correlate steering angle change. Kind of need feedback in my opinion to do with finess and have any line accusition.