Combines Airjet chaffer

Tank

Randy how do you like the air deflectorIJ I just got one and will install it next week for wheat harvest. Does it help out more in a heavy crop or a light oneIJ Do you feel it was worth the moneyIJ You can e-mail me rather than post on the message board if you prefer. boneils@quadro.net Thanks

Randy

Tank, When I bought the 2188 I installed Gorden rotor bars over the concaves, 3 cover plates and the Air Deflector with an air foil chaffer before I ever started harvesting wheat.This setup worked great for wheat, but I now have Millet, Sunflowers, and Corn to harvest and thought the AirJet chaffer would simplify things. Randy

turbored

Have ran an AirJet for two seasons in corn and beans and have gotten along good. The soybean sample is very clean but you need to clean the stems out of the inserts every two or three days in our conditions (west central Illinois). The corn inserts work very good also ( I have the most experience with the high capacity 2 hole inserts) as the 4 hole inserts would not work with our kernel sizes so we exchanged them for a set of 3 hole inserts and have gotten along well with them also. It has been a great investment!

C

I put one before wheat. Works better then I expected in wheat and soys. I was doing 36% corn a couple of weeks ago and the sample was near perfect, no cob in sample. Buy one!!!

wildcat1

I have a neighbor who has one on a 1688. The seem to like it pretty well. THey have one set of inserts for wheat, one for beans and one for corn. I cleaned some seed wheat for them and it was some of the cleaner stuff I have seen.

Old_Pokey

I have 2 sets of screens I run in grass. The .25, and the .2815. They both have the same spearing problem, but it seems to only get just so much straw caught, and sort of rotate that amount throughout the day. Does'nt seem to continue build up past a certain point. Is that how yours are in beansIJ I may try a set of .45s in grass next year.

m

I haven't decided tottaly if I like it or not I used just in spring wheat in sold stem did alot of pluging with wheat stems in reagualar stem no pluging did a great job on clean sample great not having to worry about trying to re adj everthing. I might try bigger holes next season see if that helps in sold stem wheat. Thing that I was very disapointed in was that the hillside dividers do not match up to factory ones so I had to pull the whole frame out re adjust the sockets for the hillside dividers what a huge pain! not sure if the largest section should be in the middle IJIJ

colwood56

Have one on my 1660 and without on my 1688. Does a nice job in wheat and drill seed right out of the combine. Does not work good in soys and you get the same results in corn that you get with standard sieves. My take on it, I wouldn't buy another one. Also: Easier to adjust sieves than to climb in combine to install inserts for each crop.

Old_Pokey

Here's a link to your answer from Brodale just in case you missed it on agtalk. For some reason he cant post here now.

turbored

I have an Airjet and get a very clean sample in soybeans. Yes, it does need to be cleaned occasionally but does an outstanding job!