Combines case ih headers

Ausie_Pete

We bought a vortex reel two years ago after seeing one work in a poor crop of Chick peas(here in oz). We were told it would work in any type of crop and condition, even that we did not need a conventional reel(luckly I did not listen to that advice).We use a 1020 header on a 2188 and have not found any thing that the vortex will work on yet. I hope that the next lean year we have Ill be glad we have it but I was wondering if any one had some good to say about them. Thank's for any comments. Peter

Art

My 1460 with a 810 header makes a bad noise with nothing wrong. The noise is as fast as the auger. Could be coming from the drive shaft, left end, where it sticks into that inside plate. The hole to big for the shaft. Could that beIJ

Ham

Att: M Gorden I understand you use a Green header on a Red base machine.

glh

I want to change the sprockets on the drive shaft between the gearboxes. How do I remove the driveshaft on a C-IH 983 cornheadIJ

BOB

I have a 1020 flex head on a 2144 combine, I have the head tiped ahead as far as it will go raised the back end up, am runing with the flex in the middle most of the time but would like to cut white bean a little closer any suggestions.

Jack

Header response is good in the morning but as the day goes on response drops to nothing. Header valve was replaced. Also header doesn't raise to its full height.

Kent

How can we drive either a Shellborn or AC stripper head (25-28') with our 2188IJ Driving one with a belt from the

B_S

I was wandering if anyone has heard when CaseIH will be coming out with a plastic corn head. We have just traded combines and was trying to decide whether to trade now or wait if the new corn head will be out in the near future.

larry

I am intested in buying a CaseIH 800 series corn head. I'm mostly intested a 6-30",but 4-30" and 8-30" would be good also. Send me an email with your price and where the corn head is.