Combines Bunching of soybeans in 25 1020 head

crg

I've noticed that it seems to be the variety of bean that causes it to bunch. It seems to start close to sundown when it starts to get damp. We had a Hartz that would bunch this year. I would have to bouce my header to get them to move. I don't know anything to do except switch beans.

Mike

We have a 1020 case international head and the first year we had it we had the same problems we went to a combine seminar that our local dealer put on and the company man told us to tip our head way forward for harvesting beans we fought the head the whole season this way , we sprayed graphite paint on the platform to help the material slide , which got us by because it helped and then the bean stems started to dry more. We found our knifes had more wear than normal at the end of the season , so the next year we tilted our head back a little ways which caused the material to flow into the auger a lot better and it brought the feeder house chain a lot closer to the head . After we made these adjustments we really like this head . I hope this information will help solve your problems.