Combines 2208 Corn Heads

bob

I don't have a 8 row but have a 6 row 2206 and the worst to me is the back angle of the head makes it hard to adjust the snouts down far enough for any down corn and the metal points push leaves something fierce. I traded in a 963 w_ gvl plastic and it had white poly points that were really nice.also the slip clutch on last row will slip in tough stalks, one top gear for gathering chain had the bolt come out and the knives don't cut lllike the old ones but they do bend the hell out of them

C

I have a 2208 and I think it cuts fine. It may not cut perfect like the 10 series did but there are a lot more advantages like the chain tightners and the oil bath chains. Under 4.5 you can run in low speed over 4.5 you should run in high speed.

Yogi

We are on our second 2208. Was really impressed with the first one as far as shredding stalks (1083 before). last year the first year on our second 2208 and I was really disappointed. However, this year with no adjustments it seemed to do a lot better. I guess it depends on the year and condition of the stalks, etc.