Combines bean head

Walt

I run a 1993 TR96 with a 24' 973 flexhead and have had quite positive results. What year of TR do you have and what model of flexheadIJ late model TR96's should have the tin on the front of the feederhouse replaced with tin from a TR97 or TR98 to enhance feeding. If you don't have poly under your header, installing it will improve things dramatically.

Walt

I bought the head equipped with poly from Richland County Implement in Wahpeton, North Dakota. You can contact them at 701-642-9266 to see where they got the poly from. May-Wes Manufacturing also sells poly, I believe in kits to fit different headers. They can be reached at 507-834-6572. They also have an internet site at www.may-wes-mfg.com

Nighthawk

This might sound obvious, but is the floor of the head still covered in paint or is it shined upIJ In wheat, the heads will feed in slugs until the head is shined up. This is because the paint actually gets sticky as it is being worn away. Try removing the paint from the floor of the platform. Good luck with your New Holland

tkrahn

we have had similar problems with our 973 20foot header, the ends plow dirt badly in uneven ground, and the beans won't feed very well, especially in short beans or tuff conditions. The poly is an absolute must, you should be able to form on store bought stuff if it is heavy enough, you use big enough hardware, and wrap the edges correctly