Combines Header settings for rice with 1440

CAJUN__BOY

on the 1440 model the head should be 810 rigid need a decent knife for clean cut. auger, adjust bottom as close as possible to header floor so straw dosn't wrap or ride over table auger some 810's have stripper plates behind auger ajust to minimum gap. reel should be set over knife if rice is standing similar to wheat, if rice is down reel center should be forward of knife about 4-6 inches set as close to knife without contact, cup reel fingers just a bit to comb rice over knife. combine if a manuel is available set combine for a base point after you want to start with thrashing first open rotor concaves slow rotor speed till rice is left on straw then close concaves slowly till thrashing is ok, next separation fan should be set on high side check in manuel for sieve setting check for rice being blown out back only when machine is loaded cutting, in turns and when machine is out of crop there will be rice blowen out. NOTE if your machine is not a rice machine check which rotor you have and screens , you'll have to play with what you have being it's only 12ac. good luck, hope its dry those 2wd axial flows are a bitn$ in the mud e-mail me if you need more info! hurry before jeanne gets there

Carolina_Kid

Thanks for your very helpful suggestions. The model number for the header is 820 (I'm assuming that it's similar to an 810). I don't have any manuals for either the header or the tractor so I'm flying by the seat of my pants on this one. We're going to try to get out their tomorrow before Jeanne blows in.