Combines case ih mods

Farmer_J

You guys think you know it all, but the good ol' 815's are a real MAN'S combine. It ain't no wussy Axial-flow mama's boy combine, it is a real working man's!! So I would appreciate it if you guys would give respect to where respect is due!!!

Shane

We have a 2188. After a day of using the reverser quite often, it runs down the batteries. Has anyone know of putting a hydraulic reverser on their combineIJ Or does anyone have some information on thisIJ Thanks

Alger

We have binextentions on our two 2388s. In wet corn with a full bin the cluch on the clean grain elevator slips and plugs up because it has to heap corn in the bin. Does anybody make extensions for the augar in the bin to remedy this problemIJ

Franko

Gentlemen, I have a 1980 1460. Very good condition. I've been wanting to put a chopper in this machine, as looking to trade for a chopper machine is ludicrous since I can't find anything even in half the shape this machine is in to trade for without coughing up stupid money. Question; What is the feasibility of a used chopper from a 1660IJ Mush easier to change chopper speeds.

truck

On my 1480 the hyd hose under the oil res. collaped (inside) so it wasnt seen until 3 days of swearing and tool throwing . In that time the hyd pump was replaced and the electric hyd valves were overhauled new 0-rings ect. now the unloading auger will not come back in when the oil warms up unless you idle the engine down...whyIJ

rob

Is a 30' header to much for a 2166 in soybeansIJ If a 2166 will handle a 30' header will the original Case spreader along with a hydraulic chaff speader spead the bean straw across most of the width of the headerIJ I know the later 23 series Case combine's have a tailing monitor. Is it possible to add it to a 2166, if so is it worth it and will it help in setting the combineIJ Thanks for any help you can give me.

lars

I was wondering what experience is with the Neihaus concaves and grates marketed by Goerge Kuchar. We are thinking about putting a set in our 78 1480. We use this combine mostly for corn and soybeans.

Axleman

Back in 1996 CASE upgraded all 2166 combine chassis with what they called Phase 2. This upgrade program does not work and yet still CASE continue to do nothing about it. Why is thisIJ

TomP

I'm thinking about buying a late 1460 or early 1660. I've currently got a AC M3 conventional. What do I look forIJ I've been told to put the rotor in neutral and spin it. When it stops it should stay put, not reverse direction. If it does, it is out of balance, probably from a hole in it. Is this trueIJ What else should I look forIJ

Ripe

I am having trouble with my 2166 spreading chaff or bean hulls. When I have a lot of material running thru such as 60 bushel beans I have no problem or when material is heavy, (for example when a rain shower makes things tough)I have no problem. When running a short crop and material is dry the bean hulls will not spread and end up piled in the middle of the 20' swath. What modifications can be done to get the bean hulls to spread out on the ground and for that matter even wheat straw was doing the same thing in wheat harvest. Than You.