Combines case ih mods

steve_farmer

I have a set of 1480 disrupters for sale. I couldn't use them because my rotor had been reworked with a spiral configured set of separator bars. I have the 4 hard faced green maize bars and the set of disrupters. New price is $700, I'll sell for $500. Phone n is 218.796.5331. I will ship.

Pilgrim

When I put the hazard warning light on my electric fuel pump cut in and cuts out as the flasher works. Where do I start to look for problems. Theis is before I start the motor on the combine or anything. Is this a safety issue(help)

PETERBIll

I solicited some information from "eyeball" a few weeks ago concerning my satisfaction with Marlin's impellers. No one has yet answered my reply or my concerns. My concern was that in doing downed wheat I get "surge" feeding. The straw windrow behind my machine (2166) is actually a little piles of straw about 6 - 8 feet apart as a result of the "bunch feeding". Anyone know what would cause thisIJ My feeder chain is adjusted per operators manual.

jcr

Here there somebody who experienced hulling spelt wheat with a modified axial combine .My goal would be to combine the whole crop ,grain + husk and to remove hulls several weeks after with a modified combine during winter .Thanks in advance .

iaremec

the 2388 mods are due out in april for wheaters. new air drum which is plastic. some other improvements and parts to go with it. holes are .027 . which is smaller than the metal large holer. they will still have a small hole one also, but not to be used where it is real hot, because engine will heat up. hopefully will cure problem. the problem of breaking rotor belts has been addressed also. the ramp on the torque sensor is being changed back to a 54 degree from a 64 degree ramp. the rollers couldn't crawl ramp fast enough and would create belt whip on non drive side on heavy loads. have to disassemble honey comb air intake and clean and put back together so the air cleaner doesn't get near as dirty. too much trash got into them last year and would not let dust aspirator to work and clean air before going into air cleaner. the above is the mod. FYI there is now a orifice fitting to put in the feeder house cylinder so you do not have to slow down combine to kick feeder house in. sone of the broken shafts in corn and platforms could be due to this.

kyle

We bought a 30ft 2020 head and want to install on a 2388.Has any one done this and have any suggestions.

H

Sorry for my ignorance guys but I'm not very familiar with the Case IH combine linup. I was wondering what the differences are between the 2166and the 2188 models. i.e is it mostly power or are there other differences. Also if a person were to purchase one of these machines what options or add ons would be most beneficialIJ Thanks in advance.

Tom

I need information for the cleaning system repair kit for a 2188 combine

PETERBIll

Over nearly 30 years of combining I've tried many, many modifications that have been on the market. I'm supposed to be retired but keep on doing custom combining because I like runnin 'em. Most effective and best mods I've tried so far are: 1. 18 Gordon bars installed on front of rotor, standard short bars on the remainder. 2. Air-jet chaffer. This is probably the single most effective modification I have ever used. 3. loewin concaves w_shock springs installed to protect from rocks. They're great! I combine a large variety of crops from wheat to garden bean seed, corn to buckwheat and small vegetable seeds and grass seeds.