Combines Deere heads on 1600 series combines

M__Gorden

I know of no commercial kit of parts to connect the Case-IH potentiometer to the JD flex headers. What you are planning should work well provided that you provide thrust protection when you couple the header sensor shaft to the potentiometer. The header shaft tends to move left and right when operating. Simply mounting the potentiometer and coupling it to the shaft will not last long. Start with the sensor shaft in mid-range and then couple to the potentiometer shaft with it in mid-range.

bluejeans

I used a JD row crop head on a 1600 series. The potentiometer was placed on the left end of the head under the arm that holds the orange ball that shows the header height. A short rod was run from the arm about 3_4 of an inch from the pivot point ( towards the rear of the head) to the potentiometer arm. This setup worked well while we had the head. I have traded the head so I don't have the exact measurements.

farmer

Would there be some way that I could get a rough drawing of how to mount the potentiometer on a JD 222 flex-head. I am running it on my 1660 and I would like to hook it up to the auto-height control