Combines 4430

weasel

You might actually need the 540 RPM PTO pump kit.I know of a guy who bought a 1750 vacuum and wanted to run it with a 4320, which has the same hydraulic components as your 4430. This PTO pump was the only option for him.

Joe

For a presure free return - such as a case drain line on a hydralic motor, you can get a fitting that screws into the 3 point adjuster hole in the rear of the transmition case (plug has a 1_2 square drive),Directly below the n2 scv remote. Your local JD dealer should have the info in a planter or air drill hook up aplication book. Now if you need presure free return for the main motor return line - I can't think of a good place. If you dump all the return into the rear case, the lube_charge pump may not keep the main pump full of oil causing cavitation. Your dealer should be able to answer this question in 5 minutes.

vern

return your oil to a ported oil filter cap. i believe oil is then in the system and you don't repickup out of the transmission case all the time. have had vacumm planter on 4430 for a few years. tell your deere dealer to look under jd 100 or 200 beet thinner to get the ported hydraulic oil filter cap

l

The vacuum planter will work fine on any Deere tractor starting with the 10 series up to the current models. You DO NOT need a pto unit. If a Deere dealer sold one to a Deere tractor owner, he fleeced him. You see, Deere built their planter to work with a Deere tractor, or any closed center hydraulic system. It would be silly for a company to market a planter that doesn't work with their own tractorIJIJIJIJIJ The vacuum motor uses very little oil, no need to return to the filter. We have hooked lots of these right to the scv with both hoses with no problems. The back pressure isn't really much of an issue. If you feel you need to have a dump, you can do that by hooking into the side of the scv.

VAfarmboy

Your price seems a little high. Saw a nice one with 3200 original hours and new radials axle duals and a full rack of weights go for 12,000 at auction a while back.