Combines New Combine for DeereIJ

STSMAN

Well I've heard some rumors that the Bi-rotor is coming, but I don't believe Deere is ready to go that far just yet,we may have to wait awhile longer for that!!!! I'm expecting Deere most likely will.... have a greatly enhanced STS generation 3 combine with more horsepower,bigger cleaning systems,bigger grain handling systems,new corn heads,flex draper,have a bigger grain and fuel tank on the biggest model,have a more noticeable difference in the biggest model besides HP and price,etc and All NEW CABS. I think Deere will do something like these things...since the arrivial of the CaseIH 8010 and now 7010's Deere gotta respond soon... But who knows!!!

pc

John Deere is incapable of sorting the problems in the machines presently on the market don't ask for more. Bigger with JD will not necessarily mean better.Please don't encourage them.

STSMAN

I think for the most part..the newer 60 series STS combines are very reliable...I'm pleased. Ssure we have some problems here and there with the STS,but no machine is perfect. Since competition is always out there..Deere,Case,Massy,etc will always try to improve on or outdo the other...I don't have to incourage Deere,etc STSMAN

Deerebines

I've read more and more this fall about 800 hour sts' worn out from every elevator to every auger. I don't think reliability in short is the problem. I think longevity and use life is the problem.

greenstrat

Please advise us all what part of the sts is not rebuildableIJ gs

Deerebines

Please advise all of us why a combine should not last more than 800 hours before a major rebuildIJ Don't give me that "faster harvesting, more material per hour" speech. That should be factored in the overinflated price to begin with.

greenstrat

I don't believe the 800 hr bs. I know several guys with early sts machines and none have had this magnitude of trouble. They wouldn't be selling like hotcakes if this were the case. Actually, I really don't care much, since I really like the 9000's 26" diameter cylinder_walker design, I think it is actually more versatile. gs

Deerebines

I'm not here to testify. I'm just repeating what I had been reading all over the net. like you, I'm just pretty happy with my 9600 and by the price of combines I will be happy with her for a long time to come. I am half scared to ever become an sts owner from alot of what I read online. I know talk is cheap but there sure seems to be alot of negative murmur about that machine.

greenstrat

I read that stuff too, and wonder how many color warheads are doing it. I know first hand of one in particular 9650 getting used by a guy who farms a lot of country in the hills here, and I will tell you it flat gets the job done. I still say, if deere had gone further with the cts, they could have done a whole lot better, but the sales guru's told them to make rotaries. So that is what we get. Apparantly this is a vehicle that can be made a whole lot bigger without increasing the size of the box much. Only advantage I see. I can get beans to look just about as pretty as the seed that went in the drill with mine, how much better can you get with a rotaryIJ Sure will not add anything to my bottom line, that is for sure. I guess I don't see why change must happen just because of a fad. anyhow, I am the guy on newagtalk who you helped advise on randr'ing the aluminum straw walker blocks to wood. Thanks again, I have not missed greasing them. gs

running_red

I have never really talked much here but I belive New Holland started with the rotor in 1974 so I would say it is beyond the fad stage after 32 years.