Combines draper headers

deadduck

You should be able to handle a 30 foot draper fine with those combines in rice. We use a 25 foot CaseIH 1052 (really a MacDon) with our 2388. I really like the MacDon, and use it for soybeans, wheat, and rice. I hear the flex drapers are even better. We have a neighbor that runs 30 foot JD Drapers with his STS combines. They seem to get along fine. Not too many Honeybee's running around here, so I don't know anything about them.

jm

neighbor has a 9650 with a 35 ft mcdon cutting soybeans with no problem.

CAJUN__BOY

neighbor here running a 30ft green drapper on 9770 drapper doing a good job combine needs a little more HP! mostly in the mud! rice and beans

Bigsky

The custom cutter we used up here in Canada used a couple of 35' hydro flex's on 2 of his 9760's and had no problem. He also ran 3 36' deere drapers on the other 3 9760's and they handled very nice.

CAJUN__BOY

Beans,wheat and other small grains aren't as demanding of a combine as rice neighbors here in SW la. have a 30ft rigid draper on a 9770 it seems to handle it well, some HP concernes but they have them with all the conventional headers too! I don't think it will be a problem for you go for it

gleanermanitoba

I use Honeybee, they are a rigid cutterbar but float extremely well on the combine, if you run the accumulator and set the header to max float on it's limiting chains we find there is little need to raise header when going through small drains etc. The adapter fastens to feeder the same as any head but the draper is suspended on 2 sets of leaf springs giving it the float. The base header and center draper assembly is the same for all makes, but there is a sub adapter that bolts into the center assembly than can be changed out to another brand, a bit of labour but not as much as a new assembly completely. Or if you are handy with a welder and cutting torch, not that hard to convert old adapter either, may ned a couple of filler plates to match feeder opening, the other issue is depending on feeder speed of other machine the hyd pump may need to be changed as they used a couple of pump options to get desired flow of oil. All in all I am pleased with these headers.