Combines BI ROTOR IN 09

Meathead

CASE-IH on the edgeIJ The last I read, profits up huge amount. As far as loss of customer base...they have gained about 7% in 2007....for about 36-40% of US market. Deere still is the big dog on the block, but CNH is nowhere close to financial trouble. The Fiat family ownes and controls over 84% of CNH stock ! less than 20% of CNH is even available for trade. I would go as far as to say that the 8010_7010 machines will gain even more market share if deere doesn't actually make a bigger combine instead of just adding hp.

davedan

I think he was speaking of machine design being at the end of their rope, not revinue increases. I read some posts either on here or other places that the buy out that the bi rotor guys recieved from deere is soon going to be expiring and they can then get back in the action and produce other experimentals. Anyone can do a search on the bi rotor and get more of these details. I believe the guy who built the bi rotor was posting on this site at one time on this topic.

SOUTHPAW

Greenstat is right. Deere is in business to stay in business, meaning to make as much money as they can. Don't get me wrong, I love Deere equipment and worked for them for years, but I can spot CORPORATE GREED when I see it. No matter what design comes out of Iowa, they are going to milk it as long as they can. I also love axial flow combines because they are simple and reliable. The boys at Machinerylink do too. They spend 3 and 4 times more repair hours on a sts than a cih for the same separator hours. Cih has had the exact same design for almost 30 years and that just seams a little more farmer friendly to me. Bi Rotor will put deere in the driver seat for good, but it still sad that the smaller and less fortunate farmers will never get to own a "new" one.

greenstrat

Yup.. However I must take issue with the axial flow is more reliable thing..I just don't see there is much difference at all. Both are good, red one is an old design (good but getting left behind)and even the red guys know it or they wouldn't have jumped all over the 8010 even though they became the company's guinea pigs. Many of those guys are now driving green because of it. I like the general red axial design, hate the weak sister rear axle that they couldn't figure out how to put a wishbone on instead of the idiot drag links, weird beater_rock trap_stone drum (wow)thing, cab so close to the head you end up with a downward looking crink in your neck at the end of a long day..deere has it's downs too..machine so tall lew alcindor is too short to grease it, driveshaft through a plastic shield in the grain tank (really stupid, where else would they put itIJ) Plastic highly flammable side shields, FUEl TANK (unreal). So see, I am pretty even handed here. I just think case is soon to be gone, with probably agco carrying the rest of the water till deere puts the bullseye on their back too. Cat already quit..I mean the handwriting is right there for all to read. Wish it was 1980 again. gs

TwinRotor

I've read the book on the Bi-Rotor even though its and engineering marvel it is limited on capacity. When it was tested in heavy straw against a New Holland conventional it fell far behind. Plus this design is still untested in a variety of conditions. It would probably need countless updates for weak components out in the real world.

Marshaltown_Farms

Am I reading the post right here. Green is not that great to be the only combine sold. I always thought and always will think it is more the operator not the color.

Cutter

The Bi-rotor was a "proof of concept" only (does it work or not). It is not possible to determine (with accuracy) its limitations or to make competitive performance comparisons at this stage of development.

farmert

never read such BS deere better get moving the sts is a joke. couldn't even copy a axial flow right. I hope they come with a bi rotor. remember what it was made in a 1480IJ byt he time deere figures it out the 7000,70x0, 80x0,90x.0's will rule the roost. Fiat's got more money than g*d. cnh ain't going anywhere.

Cutter

Fiat may have a lot of money but that doesn't mean CNH gets any of it.

kid

A few years ago Fiat was doing very poorly financialy. I thought they were still strugling.