Combines BI ROTOR IN 09

riceman

I hope you are right. I would seriously consider switching colors again for a true Bi-rotor.

SOUTHPAW

John Deere bought the patent and plans for the bi rotor to kill the idea because they knew if it would have hit the market, it would been the end of 9000 series. They had too much money invested in that series to change back then so they put it on the shelf. They made all the money they could with walkers and guess whatIJ STS came along. Or should I say a "green case_ih" with a forage chopper in front of the rotor. Well, one of these days they're going to have a "new concept" combine. BI ROTOR

MostlyGreen

Is anything you've stated based on actual FACTIJIJIJ Did a Deere dealer tell you thisIJ

Cutter

That's pretty close. The Bi-Rotor combine had nearly 50% less moving parts than the 9000 series Maximizer combines of the day. I don't think Deere Parts would have liked that very much. Parts sales is the largest revenue generator that Deere has and combines are the leading product group for parts sales. You don't think that parts have a major stake in product development ;-)

greenstrat

if this is true then it will be the death spiral for big red. No way can they compete with this no matter how many updates they puke out. looks like the old Massey Ferguson days have come back to haunt them. gs

SOUTHPAW

This strategy isn't rocket science. Since 1972, it has been in Deere's best interest to build a combine with two characteristics: 1.a lot or moving parts 2. difficult to repair . Besides selling the machine, this also sells parts and service. Bi Rotor is going pressure AGCO, NEW HOllAND, and CAT more than CIH. Cih is still one step ahead. Deere has changed designs 4 times since 73' What deere needs to do to bury compitition is to make their next combine, whatever it is, so simple in desighn and repair that they sell NEW for less than $100,000. At the end of the day, thats what counts. But of course, they won't. The BI ROTOR will probably sell for more than $400,000 leaving the small and poor farmers out again. By the way I got "some" information from a Machinerylink official and some dealers. Any more questionsIJ

greenstrat

wrongo.. deere is in business to stay in business. This is what so many others cannot understand and have quite a lot of jealousy_hate about. Casenhihwhateveritisnow is pretty close to the edge and it will take little now to really cause them to eliminate their harvester division. This is exactly what happened to the old MF harvester works. They made one final swan song into the realm of axial flows which was a very good one, but they had already pi$$ed off all their customer base to the point where they would not ever return. I see it right now right here. Deere has had all kinds of greif trying to keep Kinze out of their planter sandbox with zero success and this seems to be an ongoing battle but just watch, deere has way more resources to bring to bear for a much longer war than anyone now. Even cat got tired of it. gs