Combines 9560 STS Bullet Rotor in wheat

bobcat

We have a 9660 and have only a few acres of wheat to combine. We did our wheat on July 2 and it did a excellent job. Very little FM and no broken kernels, tested 14.3. These are the settings we used. No inserts for the concave. Rotor 1100 rpm Concave 5 Chaffer 17 Sieve 4 Fan 950 Hope this helps.

Peteguy

i've noticed another STS problem in wheat. The STS seems to leave a few ( one to three) kernels in the bottom of the head. is there any way to solve thisIJ there is no problem of sieve loss, just incomplete threshing. the straw is fairly dry, and the grain is running around 8-14% moisture.

OKFarmer

8-14% is a wide range of moisture. At 8% you should have no trouble getting the bottom 2-3 kernels out. At 14% moisture no combine will get every kernel out of every head. If moisture is as you say around 8% and you aren't getting the kernels out, then I would say tighten things up a little on the concaves. Or make no adjustments and slow down .5mph and see what it does. If you slow down and it works, then the crop isn't getting enough time in the rotor, or your are slowing the rotor cause your are on the edge of the power curve. OKFarmer

deeredriver

I'm not sure why your combines won't get 14% moisture out of the head that's nice and dry for us in Canada,,we have no problem at all getting the grain out. If you are looking to solve some threshing problems in wheat and also other hard to thresh grains,, look up Precision Ag parts in Sherwood ND. We bought a whitecap kit from them and some other updates for our 9650 sts and pretty happy with them. They supply speed up kits for back beaters and custom built front and back beaters as well.