Combines off topic batteries for jd tractors and older combines

joge

I have never had any luck with any series of JD battery. They were always slow cranking and and never lasted long. They were a waste of money. I started using DEKA batteries. DEKA seemed to have descent preformance at a better price.

VAfarmboy

Batteries are batteries, most of them come out of the same two or three factories and just have different stickers put on them. I go to a wholesale battery store that sells a lot of batteries to the local Army bases and buy the cheapest thing he has. Sometimes the stickers say Delco, sometimes they are Deka, sometimes they are some off brand I have never heard of before. They usually last at least as long as the ones from Deere that cost three times as much.

peteguy

Strongbox has got to be one of the worst line of batteries ever. We never buy them, only tolerate them when they come in on a recent purchase. Roadguard: acids all over, slow crank, poor reserve Hibernator: does not hibernate well. discharges, even on a 60s combine with no shorts. had a post come out of one.. standard: poor cranking amps, All: low life, high cost Any battery you choose will be better. Johnson controls makes a decent product. sold under many brands. I personally use Delco on my pickups, but have seen good life out of Deka, Alliance, Interstate, etc. good luck!