Combines deere alerts

Mr__lucky

The fuel tank on my 9610 started leaking in the wheat field a couple days ago. We discovered that the clean grain elevator belt had slapped the tank for whatever reason. Dont know if the belt stretched or what. The belt rubbed a hole in the plastic tank. Deere should have placed a metal guard over that area of the tank for protection. Everyone should check their tanks and elevator belt for rubbing. Its not to hard to repair but you have to drain the tank then clean the area and patch it. Not much fun in the field. It can be prevented very easily.

Arkansas_Traveler

My center belt on a 30' draper keeps plugging several times a day on a 9750 in barley. Hasn't given me any trouble in wheat. I've adjusted the tension as far as I dare being concerned about excessive wear, and have both of the other belts in the outer positions. I've also advanced the timing on the auguer. It's feeding very smoothly without slugging, and yet just quits suddenly. If anyone else is encountering this, I'd appreciate a response.

jake

check all your loading auger gearboxes on 10 and 50 series combines, deere has come out with an update for these boxes. the original box has a straight shaft with a key on the input I.E. pully side of the box, it has sheared the key in most instances. Deere has unpdated the box to a tapered input shaft to stop the shering of the key. IF you are under warrenty, get it done now............

fleen

Recently aquired a 1994 9500 sidehill. This machine has original walker cranks_brgs. I recall deere had a program to update to hardened cranks and brgs w_ seals at a reduced cost. Does anyone know if this program is still in effectIJ Its abt $1000 to buy the parts from my local dealer.Is there aftermarket availIJ

Will

front left axle fractured at hub while turning in the field. looks like there was a flaw int he material. Any call back or similar problem.

JerBear

I am doing a survey regarding combine fires, no matter how minor or extensive. To those that have experienced a fire loss, would like to knowyour details of what you think started the fire, the location and any solution you may have or modifications you made to prevent them. If you could include type of combine involved. Thanks.

Selman

hello all 2guys from germany 26 and 28 years old looking kor a job in the season 2002. we would like to start work in july 1 2002. we have experiences with JD tractors 44-4955,6600-8400, Case Magnum 7250,MX Maxxum 120-170,Fendt 100-260hp and some diffrent german brands.also combine Claas 228CS-108-218,John Deere STS 9650,Case 2188,SPFharvestor JD 6850 kempercornheads champion 3000-6008,Claas Jaguar 682-695-860,Case Mengele Mammut 6800-8790, Krone SPMower with 30ft. we have agriculture background and mechanical experieces. Thanks for helping us.

socoll

I look 2 combines harvester with 6m grain header. Work condition. Victor

oops

This fall when John Deere came out with JD Office I felt that they had finally integrated their programs between Field Doc and Yield Mapping; only to have another major glitch occur....It seems, if one is running Windows 2000 or Windows XP, and one formats the data card with those programs, the card will become unusable! One must find a machine running Windows 98 in order for the mobile processor in the combine to recognize the card and retrieve data. Now realize, that Microsoft no longer supports Windows 98 so to have to format a card with a dead opeating system is not only stupid, its inexcusable!!! 1 step forward, 2 backwards..