Combines deere alerts

Rod

I would like to know if any one else has had trouble with straw wrapping around the rear of the tyne seperator - near the rubber discharge paddlesIJ Here's a warning for others to watch out for.

farmboy

Thae factory has started to send out new ladder chains for everyone who owns a 9000 series combine.The new ones are dipped in hot plastic so that it melts around the chain tightly and no dust or moisture can get in.The old ones only ran through a tube which was open to dust and moisture allowing the chain to rust and break and could let you fall if you leaned against it.The new ones aren't hard to replace,they connect to where the old ones do.

mike

I would like to find some Goodyear Dynatorque tires, 28l-26, new or used. Does anyone have any informationIJ

R

When in mud, the mud hog acts like it is not pulling, but when you put it in reverse, the back tires start spinning. We are running wide tires. Is the problem in the tires or something elseIJ

al

We are having a lot of fires on 9500 and 9600's as we harvest soybeans. Starts somewhere around powershaft or primary shaft ahead of engine. Fire gets into straw walker area. Anyone else having the problem.

Randy_se_ne

I harvest corn husks with a JD 535 round baler with Heartland Harvester attachment. We are always in search of better hybrids to followup behind the combine for the largest volume of husks. If anyone has noticed a particular corn hybrid with an abundance of husk volume, please e-mail or post the information.

OhioCCA

If you are noticed any extra vibration in your machine this year as you finished, you are going to want to check this out this winter. We pulled the feeder house after to wheat to do some work and found the spacer in the the right hand spider had broke at the weld. This is the one next to the side of the machine. This let the cylinder flex which then broke the drive spider next to it. It also broke the concave. We thought at first it was just age. This machine is a 1990. However, the area dealer ended up with atleast four more machines in thier shop with the identical problem by the time soybean harvest was half thru. I haven't had time to pin down the exact age of the other machines, but understand a couple were newer than ours. If you do the repairs yourself, which we did, it is easier to disassemble the cylinder in the machine than to try to remove it the the tech manual describes. Make sure that you number the bars in order. Use the keyway in the shaft for a starting point. We replaced both drive hubs because of the flexing. Wanted to make sure we didn't but it back together to have the other one break. Reassembled the spiders and all the bars to make sure everything was square and then tighted it all. Tighten Hubs to the shaft last so you can make sure that it is centered and there is no side force on the drive hubs. Before we reinstalled the gearbox on the drive shaft, marked one bar and spin the cylinder several times to reinstall the balance washers. This takes time, but you need to try to balance the cylinder as best you can. Put filler plates back in after you have done this. Would like to know how many others have had this problem.

Bud

If there's anyone tired of living with the cylinder vibration due to dust build up, try Vibragone - from a company called BandD products. I put it in our 9600 last season and it definitely got rid of the vibration. We shut the separator off when were unloading and you'd be surprised the tach hours we saved. Check it out its worth it!