Combines CTS Combine Fires

Deere_Power

We have a 99' model CTS II and when harvesting canola we have a build up of chaff on the engine about half way along the rocker cover. It has been on fire but has not gone any further.

augers

I had a smoldering fire on a 9600 last summer. As best that I can figure this started near the turbo which is on the back side of the valve covers. I now blow off the back of the valve cover and turbo are 2-3 times in the afternoon.This was in safflower. always blowing off the radiator all afternoon anyway, so I started doing this at the same time.

augers

I had a smoldering fire on a 9600 last summer. As best that I can figure this started near the turbo which is on the back side of the valve covers. I now blow off the back of the valve cover and turbo are 2-3 times in the afternoon.This was in safflower. always blowing off the radiator all afternoon anyway, so I started doing this at the same time.

Augers

after carefully going thru a neighbord CTS I observed the following, 1. At the rear of the tine seperator module there are two guards that are cylindrical in shape. these are mounted at the rear near the bearings. We could see where there was evidence of some smoldering or fire.

chili216

I have a CTS II ,had fire that started right below exhaust . Figured spark came out of muffler. Installed a 12x12-90degree extension to muffler to blow exhaust out left-hand side of machine. Haven't had any problems.