Combines John Deere Combine Fires

hv_user

bingo, same thing happened to our 9600 two years ago, unfortunatly we got it out, the combine was never the same after, continually breaking down,

Investigator

Thank you for your reply, I am interested to find out what is the year of your 9600, and what part of the country do you farm inIJ

Investigator

Thank you for your reply, I am interested to find out what is the year of your 9600, and what part of the country do you farm inIJ

hv_user

combine was a 1991 model 9600, farm in Ontario,Canada, fire happened doing wheat

Investigator

Dear Sir, Thank you for your response, your information is helpful to my investigation. Would you be so kind as to call me by telephone toll free at 1-877-486-1727, I wish to discuss the details of your fire. Dave Pohl WCMI

Palouse_Custom_Cutter

Investigator: I have not personally had any fires with my 9600's and 9610's. However I have heard of a few of those same fires here in Eastern Washington. One solution was to cut the plastic tube out so you can blow it out when there is build up. The other idea i have heard was to cut a hole in the bulk tank to get in there and clean it out. Hope this helps.

superfarmer

What part of ontario are you fromIJ When did this happenIJ I'd never heard of a 9600 burning, it must be a different tube on a 9400-9500, I'm sure mine is a metal tube.

Dean

A friend of mine just had a fire on their new 9660 this year and it has less than 200 hrs on it! He said they put it out quick enough but it started from the dust and chaff building up underneath the turbo which caught fire and then fell down into the shielding. He also said it is really a fire trap when that happens because there is so many places that straw can hang up on the combine.

bill9750sts

hi, the most common problem in our area for fires on 9000,10,50,60 conv. combines is not enough day to day cleaning. concerning the primary ctr. shaft area, 91 year and newer machines have a plastic tube around primary ctr. shaft , all models 94,95,96. our other problem is operation of header clutch, it has always been designed for idle engagement, not w.o.t. sparks from clutch slipping trying to engage causes chaff around p.ctr. shaft gearcase to ignite. a.e fire in plastic tube. hope fully this will help. bill 9750sts.