Combines 12 row corn head

gben

If you put a 12R30 on a 9600 you also need to put a feederhouse reverser cooler on at the same time. Otherwise your capacity will be limited as you will have to run slower. Do not know much about a 9650 STS except they seem to run out of power in good corn. 9750 has tremendously more capacity than our 9650 walker. No comparison, in good corn and beans, even wheat the rotary will run and hide from the walker.

97_9500

I talked to someone who made this switch on a 9610 combine and he said the biggest factor that will increase efficiency is how quick the grain carts and trucks or wagons can get back to the combine. The combine only has to travel 2_3 of the distance to fill the grain tank giving the people on the grain carts or trucks alot less time. This is assuming you will be more travelling more then 2_3 of the speed of an 8 row head. Another consideration is how often do you have to take header off for road travel.

K2

I am going from 6 row to a 12 this fall. Everyone says it takes 2 grain carts inorder to keep moving. Tank will be full before cart can get back. Need to be unloading 40% of the time.

DaveH

Having run a 12 row heads for eighteen years, I think I can offer some insight. One 750 bushel grain cart works good on one half mile rows, a 1000+ is necessary in 3_4 mile rows. In half mile rows, the combine tank really needs to be large enough to make a full pass. When the combine turns, the cart needs to be there, ready to catch. If the combine can't make a full pass, the grain cart can't unload fast enough to get back under the combine before he fills if the combine is running at or over 4 mph. That said, a twelve row can be incredibly efficient. Several neighbors have recently switched from 8 rows to 12, and are amaxed at the increased capacity. Before, they had to run an 8 row so fast to keep the combine full, they ran over corn, or had to slow down anyway in less than perfectly standing corn. With 12 rows, we move at a steady pace, never outrun the header, and keep the machine full at all times. Good luck

hank

Combine will handle 12 row head. STS has more capacity in cereals but wlaker is good machine in corn and beans.