Combines 9610 fuel tank

Dick

I had the same problem with my 9610. This is poor design and dangerous. Deere installed a new tank, but did not pay me for downtime. Also, the tire rubbed a hole in the tank on my 8400 tractor. The cab had to be removed to replace it. In both cases the tank had become soft and bulged.

jake

Yes Deere does have a redesigned tank for the 9000 combines, but if you make sure the tank vent is clear you should be ok..... jake, jd tech

redliner

Had the same problem with my 99 9610 this August. Made a big mess. long afternoon. Was 112 degrees that day. Deere replaced the tank. I paid the labor. When asked if the dealer had any new upgrade tanks in stock they said no. But the regional supply house had 90! I can't help but wonder if they knew they had a problem.

hectoris

Had the same problem. What we did helped alot. We dcided not to FIll UP the tanks all the way and it helped with the pressure on the tank. We would just put in fuel for about 1 days use and a liitle more. TRUST ME IT HElPS NOT TO FIll THE TANKS.. For some reason they expand with heat...

hectoris

Mr lucky the belt didn;t strech. What happened was that the tank BUlGED where the belt is. Happened to mine. THe plastic tanks get hot in the day and expand. crappy tanks. TRY NO TO FIll THE TANK UP.. JUST TRY TO FIll FOR ONE DAYS USE and a little more..