Combines harvesting sunflowers IJIJ help

Rusti

I farm in Canada and have grown 4 crops of black oil Snfl. up here we us reguler headers with pans bolted above the knife to keep the heads from falling off the header.I don"t know anything about corn hdrs but pictures of them would make me suspect that they might work.I hope I don't steer you wrong. check out more advice on the corn header. BYE FROM CANADA HEY!!! RUSTI

jasartain

A corn head on sunflower will work if the plants are still fairly upright. If the plant is laying over, you are better off with a platform head. Though, with the platform head you will lose seed when the bar cuts the plants.

deeredriver

The best way to harvest any sunflower is with a rigid header, or a flex bolted into rigid postion. Buy yourself a set of used sunflower pans, try to buy lucke (pronouned "lukey") pans from North Dakota. They are the strongest pans you can get so far. We have been growing sunflowers for about 25 years here and still have the same set of lucke pans that we started with. And the are easily removed for the header when finished.