Combines Clover settingsIJ

JHEnt

I thought I'd let you know your not the only one out there. I have a 4400 and have tried it in clover. I was unable to get the results I wanted. I have a couple pull type ACs that have been using but obviously it is slow going with them. I know several guys who at least once tried clover with thier 9500s but they said what they got wasn't worth the effort. I have a bare corn head frame that I would like to turn into a pickup head (we windrow most clover in our area) if I could only get the Deere to clean as well as the AC. If you get any Ideas pass them on, I'll do the same.

bruce

Set the back of the concaves as tight as possible and run around 900 cylinder speed. Back off the cleaning fan to five hundred or so. May have to change the stops to get it slow enough. Wait till the clover is dry enough to direct cut. Will have more seed and is easier to run with a flex head. Play with the chaffer and seive setting but generally run the seive closed to run more over the return. With a little time and patience you can have just about pure seed in the tank.

wildcard

We run a 6600 and a 7720 titan 2 in clover (both alsike and red clover). We fill the front 5 rows of the concaves with filler strips. We close the cylinders as tight as possible to the concaves without having them rub. Cylinder speed is maxed out. Cleaning sieve (bottom sieve) is closed tight. Fan speed is set between 500 and 540 rpm. Start with chaffer (top sieve) at about 1_4" open and play with it until the desired sample comes in the tank. We swath our clover and wait until the straw becomes crunchy before harvesting. This tends to give us better yields. Very little straw goes over the walkers.