Page 8 of 8 First ... 678

Thread: deere headers

NDl2
    Other than the width of these 2 pickup heads, what is the difference between a 9 series and a 2 series header. Also I am looking for a good used 914 if I don't read anything good about a 212 or 214.

Unit_11
    Bent up my early model 893 corn head this year. Anyone know where I can find a frame for it cheap...say half of new priceIJ

bc
    I have a 914 pickup for sale. I am in NC Oklahoma. I t came with a 9600 I bought,and I have no use for the head.If interested you can call me at 580 362 3541. Brady

sunfire
    I'm new to JD heads. looking at a used 920. Any watchouts over the standard flex head partsIJ Thanks

kiki
    I understand that John Deere is no longer making a row head. Does anybody know if some other manufacturer will be making a row head for a John Deere combineIJ

okiefarm
    I would like to buy a used header trailer for a JD 930R header. Does not have to be in great shape. Must be located within 200 miles of Oklahoma.

pbutler
    See link of picture at bottom. I bought a 643 corn head recently, it came with this piece of sheetmetal laying on top. I can't figure out what it is forIJ looks like it is to adjust feederhouse opening but it fits on my 7700 just fine without it so I am just curious. Thanks Paul

RJ
    I am looking for a good 220 header. If it doesn't have a reel that's fine, I want to use it for sunflowers.

wirebilly
    I have a pretty good 216 for sale. Pipe reel, poly, Herschel quick cut with new guards and sickle, dialomatic. looks a heck of alot better than the 216's you see at your dealer. located in SW Michigan. Call 574-360-9255. Or email wirejaso@msu.edu

bck
    Anyone have any designs to make lift rods from PVC for the lucke sunflowr pans barknoll@yahoo.com

dave
    looking to put new holland974 on 6620 Deere. any info on adapters

NDl2
    Anyone explain if there is any rhyme or reason to Deere's head numbers. i.e. 643, 853, 444, etc. On the old l2 if it is a 830 corn head then you know it's a 8 row 30 inch. Or 438 is a 4 row 38 inch. Just wondering if Deere has a similar formula that I haven't been able to figure out.

Ryno
    I have a 8820 combine and was wondering which platform header would be best for cutting milo----JD 220 or 920IJ What are the differences between the two seriesIJ Would a rigid one work better than a flex for miloIJ Thanks!!!

Davedan
    Just wondering if anyone out there knows how to keep these eaton hydraulic motors that drive the drapers from leaking. My brand new header started dripping within 300 Hrs, Is this normal or is there any updates thus so far from DeereIJ

Davedan
    Anyone know of the aftermarket manufacturers of draper belts for Macdon,Honeybee, Deere drapers. I found a site at one time which delt with conveyer belts for harvesters and swathers and would even custom make a set for anyone however I didnt book mark the site and cant seem to locate it.

johnny
    ** I also have this posted on the combine forum ** I have a 216 flex head. My problem is the sickle will not register with the guards. when I turn the sickle drive pulley through one rotation the sickle will move too far in one direction and not far enough the other. I'ts off by almost an inch. I was told there is an ajustment underneath the skid plate that supports the drive box that you can turn to move the cutterbar one way or the other. Can anyone advise IJ Would also be interested in a super nice, late model 216 if within reasonable radius of Indianapolis area. Thanks.

NHD
    I saw one advertised at Kuhn's Agco at Gibson City Il. I think it was set up for a JD. I think they are asking $41,000.

NHD
    I saw one advertised at Kuhn's Agco at Gibson City Il. I think it was set up for a JD. I think they are asking $41,000.

Doc_Holiday
    My 224's seals are getting cracked and worn...so I'm considering putting in the newer style stainless seals from JD. How big a pain in the butt is this jobIJ

vinhomes1188
    JD repair manual says to replace both fluted corn rollers at same time, didnt have puller--only did one.....in a rush...didnt seem to bother....what are potential problems...