Combines deere headers

NDl2

Anyone explain if there is any rhyme or reason to Deere's head numbers. i.e. 643, 853, 444, etc. On the old l2 if it is a 830 corn head then you know it's a 8 row 30 inch. Or 438 is a 4 row 38 inch. Just wondering if Deere has a similar formula that I haven't been able to figure out.

Ryno

I have a 8820 combine and was wondering which platform header would be best for cutting milo----JD 220 or 920IJ What are the differences between the two seriesIJ Would a rigid one work better than a flex for miloIJ Thanks!!!

Davedan

Just wondering if anyone out there knows how to keep these eaton hydraulic motors that drive the drapers from leaking. My brand new header started dripping within 300 Hrs, Is this normal or is there any updates thus so far from DeereIJ

Davedan

Anyone know of the aftermarket manufacturers of draper belts for Macdon,Honeybee, Deere drapers. I found a site at one time which delt with conveyer belts for harvesters and swathers and would even custom make a set for anyone however I didnt book mark the site and cant seem to locate it.

johnny

** I also have this posted on the combine forum ** I have a 216 flex head. My problem is the sickle will not register with the guards. when I turn the sickle drive pulley through one rotation the sickle will move too far in one direction and not far enough the other. I'ts off by almost an inch. I was told there is an ajustment underneath the skid plate that supports the drive box that you can turn to move the cutterbar one way or the other. Can anyone advise IJ Would also be interested in a super nice, late model 216 if within reasonable radius of Indianapolis area. Thanks.

NHD

I saw one advertised at Kuhn's Agco at Gibson City Il. I think it was set up for a JD. I think they are asking $41,000.

NHD

I saw one advertised at Kuhn's Agco at Gibson City Il. I think it was set up for a JD. I think they are asking $41,000.

Doc_Holiday

My 224's seals are getting cracked and worn...so I'm considering putting in the newer style stainless seals from JD. How big a pain in the butt is this jobIJ

vinhomes1188

JD repair manual says to replace both fluted corn rollers at same time, didnt have puller--only did one.....in a rush...didnt seem to bother....what are potential problems...