M__Gorden

Narrow row heads are becoming more popular. Whether you are referring to the row crop header or a corn header, contact the following: Brad Bish

polymoss

John Deere offers the 1290 Corn head in North America. 12 - 20inch rows. I've run this head and it is quite awsome, extreemly smooth feeding. I believe it is because of the 20" rows continusly feeding.

tbran

In Reply to: 20 posted by ewbeye on October 06, 2001 at 11:14:44: problem, the row units are wider than 20".... only way to do this would be to stack them and that would be a bummer. Of course with an imagination, a torch and welder and hundreds of hours and........

tbran

In Reply to: Re: 20 posted by tbran on October 08, 2001 at 20:58:38: there are a -few- old flat chain 20" row headers out there. Also one can adapt other brands of headers to just about anything.

Tim_nj

In Reply to: Re: Re: 20 posted by tbran on October 08, 2001 at 21:00:15: IF you wanted to spend the money, these guys could probably build you one.

ewbeye

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: 20 posted by Tim(nj) on October 09, 2001 at 13:24:14: Thanks guys! One of the farmer's I have plots on

J_I__Case_Man

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: 20 posted by ewbeye on October 10, 2001 at 16:16:19: A company in South Dakota called "Clark Machine" in the small town of Howard manufacturers corn heads of any desired width down to 15" using old or new components. They cover Gleaner (the best combine),Case, JD and others. hope this helps. They should be in the Phone book.

t_leslie

In Reply to: 20 posted by T3 on December 10, 2002 at 09:53:49: We have had some 20" corn around here.. All the 20" cornheads I have seen are custome built.. We had a customer "rent" a header from harv's to put on his R62.. It was made from JD row units and Harv's plastic snouts.. The only other one I have seen was built from IH row units... I think the gleaner "old black style " are to wide to push in.. Not sure if the new "hugger" units will go in narrow enough. Follow the link below to Harv's he can probably answer you question the best.

unit_3

In Reply to: 20 posted by T3 on December 10, 2002 at 09:53:49: They made one for a G. If it will fit the M, I do not know, but I have seen an 8r20 for a G.

R5

In Reply to: 20 posted by T3 on December 10, 2002 at 09:53:49: Gleaner did in fact make an orange 20" corn head; we have remnants of an 8 row 20" head laying in our junk pile (which is where it belongs). The head was never very satisfactory. We ended up going with an early JD 842 to replace it.