Combines Flexhead size for 9400IJ

jdmechanic

I would recommend a 920 flew head. Don't forget to charge you accumulator according to your OEM. Hope this helps.

logan

1 buy a header large enough to fill the combine without running too fast. If the head is too small, you will be limited by the cut quality and knife condition. 2 without contour master a 25" head can be trouble on hilly or rough ground. 3 a 20' head can be transported and manuvered alot easeir than 22,25 or 30.

jc217

I use a 9400 with a 920 flex head. The machine handles that size head very well in both drilled and 30 inch beans. The only trouble is with greenstem beans. Then the 9400 barely has enough power. But I am probably the only one that plants greenstem varieties.

superfarmer

20' is nice because it will fit in the shed on the machine, and can be transported on the machine. If you do alot of small fields the smaller head might be worth it for the ease of transport. Did 320 acres and didn't drop it once, put it in the shed most nights.

sundown

I have a 22ft. on my 9400(97) the loading on cleaning area is the same as a 25ft. on a 9500, and a 30ft. on a 9600, it is a bit wide at times but I like the slower ground speed to load the system. I do a lot of grain and the speed seems slow but at the end of the day I still cover a lot of ground.