Combines 4 4 3 corn head

Deereman

I run a 643 on our 7720 and it is a great match. A 443 seems to be small for that machine. The 43 series headers were built for a long time and were updated along the way but I believe that the all of the stripper units are the same. The newer ones have the chains that drive the stripper units encased in oil which seems to be a real plus. The condition of the tin is a large factor in values along with the gathering chains and other moving parts. I live in central Washington and nice 643 (30") headers go for about $5,000 here. I picked up an older one at an auction with fair tin and good drives for $2,200 and will convert it to an 8 row 22" header. I passed up another one in better condition for $3,500 at auction. Check out ludensimplement.com, they have a lot of headers there. As far as settings go, this is the first year that we will be doing high moisture corn (25% to 32%) so we will see what works best.

guru

443 works well on the 7720 plenty proof in new zealand a lot working in the north island in some of the in the larger corn growing areas 4 row more suited for the hills b4 contour master came in al so lighter to carry around on the peat country

pbutler

I have a 443. I have seen them at auctions go from $800-$2,000. like someone else said, the later ones with oil bath is nice. Pretty easy to work on. If I had a 7720 I would also consider the 643-but depending on budget and n of acres the 443 will work. You should be able to move pretty fast with the 443-even in high moisture.