Combines grain loss monitor

Ilnewholland

It seems to work good for me and I think most other people if you use it right. Get the combine set right, then set the grain loss for four green lights. I then still try to do better to see if I can make any lights go away. If dew comes on and yellow lights come on then you need to change something to make them go away. Never had a problem with it not working yet on any of my combines. .........May not work next time now. Ilnh

tv140

The last one I saw like this had a faulty grain loss sensor pad. Contact your dealer, get a technician to have a look at it. They can go through the troubleshooting guide and repair it in no time.

Ilnewholland

Do the pads work like Christmas tree lightsIJ If one is out they all don't workIJ Any way to unhook one at a timeIJ I talked to my dealer yesterday and he thinks it may be a bad ground someplace. I will check it out somemore today. Ilnh

JHEnt

Yes if one pad goes bad the whole system doesn't work. The pads are wires parrallel so you can remove the wires from one at a time. I don't want to cut your dealer out but Agexpress Electronics can sell you replacement pads for alot less than NH price.

Ilnewholland

Thanks JHEnt. I will unhook one at a time to see if I can figure out the bad one. I hope I didn't need a new monitor box as the dealer tells me it's over $800. Thanks, Ilnewholland

twin_spinner

our tr 98 had the same problem we cleaned the joiners and that fixed it .Also our NH dealer told us that you have to work out how fast you want to go then set the monitor in the green then have a look behind the combine if your happy with the loss its set , but if you go faster the lights do go out so it is speed related hope this helps.