Combines mod s to CTS in peas

hilly

Gday Darryl and Chuck. Iam a Contract Harvester in Australia and was faced with the same problem with my 9650 CTS for the past 2 seasons. We had to harvest Chick Peas, Faba Beans amd Corn. I installed the genuine JD tyne seperator slow down kit ($1650 Aus) and we had built a slow down pulley kit for the beater. The genuine JD beater slow down is approx $4500 Aus. The driving pulley, on the magnetic clutch, was a JD part (can get the part n if you need it) but the larger driven pulley was made up by a local engineering firm and the whole shooting match worked beautifully. Also pulled every 2nd wire out of the concave and removed the cereal blanking plates and installed the corn plates. Yes the beater buzzer will drive you nuts if you dont disconnect it and put a loop wire in it. Good luck with the setup! I also think you would have trouble in canola with the slow down kit on.

darryl

Thanks for your help hilly. Have you found a way to decrease the shoe load in canolaIJ I heard that 5 rows of filler plates under the tine separator works well. I have only tried 3 rows maximum as I didn't have enough filler plates to do 5 rows. Do you have any experience with very dry canola that overloads the shoeIJ I can only get about 8 tonnes of canola seed harvested per hour which is too low by my standards. Thank you, Darryl

tr_killer

ive had trouble with for years it sounds strange but speed cylinder to 620-680 rpms use all5 rows filler plates ieven use them in cereals with dry straw tryfastspdbeater also i find that it gives machine more capacity making horsepower limiting factor with lessloss ihave went headtohead with tr-98 and gleaner r62 using aweigh wagon and always got more bushels of canola.also try running pre cleaner 1_8ormore open