Combines Jd 9000 series walker losses

tech

I've blocked of the first three bars on the concave to get a more agressive thashing with more concave clearance. I've also gotten good performance from the 9750STS and had baleable straw out the back.

Rosco

Hey Minto, we run 2 9500's and I just traded one off on a 9610. There are different types of straw walkers available from deere. Check and see what holes you have in yours--rectangles or ovals. Also, walker risers, curtains, and walker extensions make a difference. Make sure your beater grate is up. Do you have the big tires on the backIJ I Just read a post about moving the axel to the bottom set of holes. Don't really know what they mean, but am going to look at my new machine. They might be referring to the king pins. Also read a post about putting a lifter block between each walker and the crank in the back. Makes it steeper ,I guess. Would want to make sure I got them in straight and tight. In my opinion Deere combines don't like a lot of straw. Straight cutting higher is the simplest solution--to a point. Or choosing a dwarf variety of wheat. Good luck getting the harvest in.

davedan

We also have a market for straw and I stick with walker machines, however I dont have the moisture you do and I wish I did here in California. When the straw has moisture the combine will do the best job, wont overthrash the straw and put it all on the screens to seperate. Also Are you cutting that four ft of straw all the way down. When ours makes it that tall we cut the normal 10-12inches with the head and swath the remainder and we have NO losses because were not overloading the seperator. 2 bushel loss is completley unacceptable here for a custom cutter. We even had to remove all the curtains over the walkers because they were doing too good a job seperating heads and also crumbling straw and then sending it all to the shoe.

davedan

Stay away from STS if your looking for straw quality, even Deere knows this which is why they have the big bad WTS on market spreading the "quality straw sample"