Combines R 50 Combine Help

M__Gorden

Having only run a N7 for a day, I don't claim to be qualified to offer advice that I know will work in your case. Until someone else jumps in here with better advice, here are my suggestions: Make sure your concave bars are in good shape (bar corners square). If not, have them hardsurfaced and ground back to square corners. St. John Welding in Redfield, SD and St. John, Kansas do this kind of work. Be sure your concave is leveled and run as tight as you can (just before rasp bars hit concave). Run the rotor fast or faster. Use filler strips that seal the front part of the concave to keep the heads in longer so you get them threshed the first time through. If you have adjustable transport vanes, adjust them to slow down the flow of crop so that you build more pressure in the rotor to get crop rubbing crop. If these steps give you a better thresh, you should be able to open your lower sieve setting a bit and still get a acceptable sample. This should reduce return grain which in turn should reduce rotor losses. If any of this helps you, let us all know. If I'm off base please feel free to set me straight!

Ed

I have harvested CDC Teal red spring wheat quite successfully by simply installing 2 or 3 concave filler bars at the leading edge, running a minimal clearance and keeping cylinder speed up. Threshing and separation was as good as soft white wheat. Don't look for straw!!!

M_V

Thanks Ed and M. Finished my wheat ran concave real close 3 filler bars inconcave and 2reverser bars at end of rotor,still put some wheat trough rotor.