Combines How to get Maximum capacity Gleaner

fore

Try re drilling grain shoe 1_2 to 3_4" higher at the rear and raise bothe the chaffer and the finishing seive then extend the return dam up approximatetly 2 1_2 inches higer by remanufacturing the existing metal or install a piece of belting this should raise the carry over tubes and force more grain up the return so you get the proper ground speed for the crop you are threshing, make sure that your wind board is directing upward toward the front of the seive's and use enough wind to float the trash over the seive. Many people shake grain over because not enough wind is directed to the front of the seive area. I hope this helps you and if this is not enough capacity buy a second one like we did and double your capacity for a fraction of the cost of newer machines.

Fore

High larry my name is Ivan and I live in Ontario Canada. My Family and myself have owned Gleaner G,s for 25 years and we still have 2 and one F-2. Unfortunately we experienced the same problem of seive capacity in small grains and I would like to pass this on to you. Some alterations for barley and oats re- drill holes in grain shoe at 1_2 and 3_4 of an inch higher for chaffer and finishing screen then build a new return dam 2" higher at the rear so that the chaffer float over rods are on an incline instead of flat this will increase moderately the seive capacity and will sent more returns up so you can more acuratetly adjust ground speed. Also check your wind board adjustment and position close to the front to achieve maximum capacity. There is also some walker grating which can be installed to reduce the amount of trash on the chaffer but be carefull here they tend to plug in barley. Do you use a round hole screen for Canola we find we get less than 1 % dogage by using one. But if small grains are your thing do what we do get 2 and hire a helper for a few days, you will get more off and a better sample than many newer combines for half the cost. Ivan.